My Acer Aspire a515 laptop hinge plastic is broken, is it expensive if I bring it to a technician?

Jphillip05
Jphillip05 Member Posts: 1 New User
Is it still possible to repair my laptop? Please help, this is the only and last laptop that may sister bought for me to use for my online class.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Sometimes it's possible to use 2-part epoxy like JBWeld to repair the plastic hinge.

Jack E/NJ

• Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    It depends on the damage. Is the bezel broken/cracked? Is the lid broken? or just the hinge mounting holes? If the technician really knows what he/she is doing and can deliver a result like it never happened, then yes it can be expensive, as laptop lid+bezel+hinges disassembly/assembly and repair require precision and experience.
    I had a similar problem with my A315 (the hinge mounting holes on one side got smashed, but bezel and lid were OK), attempted to repair with epoxy putty, did not hold, searched Aliexpress and luckily found the exact original lid (but now I also need a new bezel because I damaged its clips during disassembly and reassembly).
    I'd suggest you check Aliexpress, order the lid+bezel if you can find just the right parts (should not cost more than USD 75) and then go to the service with them. You might get a better service fee in that case.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Good idea Teksal   :3   

Jack E/NJ