Next@Acer 2021: Predator CG7 - Embrace the Titan

Jose-Acer
Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,338 Community Administrator
edited May 2021 in Predator Monitors

Re-Introducing the majesty of the Predator CG437K. Experience true Large Format gaming, powered by:

✅ 42.5” 4K UHD VA
✅ 144 Hz and 1 ms
✅ NVIDIA Geforce G-SYNC®

LEARN MORE >>

Find out more about the new products we announced here.

1 - 1ms VRB value based on internal tests under specific test conditions. Level of brightness may vary as a result of Visual Response Boost™ mode in use.
2 - Additional PS5/Xbox Series X combinations include the following: PS5: 4K UHD@120Hz / FHD@120Hz with VRR via one HDMI cable. Xbox Series X: 4K UHD@120Hz / WQHD@120Hz / FHD@120Hz with VRR via one HDMI cable.

Comments

• JaylumX
    JaylumX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I think I will give this a miss.  Acer does not have a good track record of supporting their monitor products.  I have its older sibling and while quality wise it is a very good monitor, I am sure there can be improvements in software.  Lesson is that I will now find out about how product is supported before I sink large quantities of cash into it.
  • Valkyrieone
    Valkyrieone Member Posts: 2 New User
    I own the Predator CG7 monitor. Is this a product re-fresh or will it bring a firmware update? 
  • CRomer
    CRomer Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Acer-Jose said:

Re-Introducing the majesty of the Predator CG437K. Experience true Large Format gaming, powered by:

✅ 42.5” 4K UHD VA
    ✅ 144 Hz and 1 ms
    ✅ NVIDIA Geforce G-SYNC®

Same question as Valkyrieone. What is the difference between the CG437K P and S? Also, how many LDZ are there. It seemed like the P had 12 (6 x 2 rows).
  • CRomer
    CRomer Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Acer-Jose said:

✅ 42.5” 4K UHD VA
    ✅ 144 Hz and 1 ms
    ✅ NVIDIA Geforce G-SYNC®

LEARN MORE >>

Find out more about the new products we announced here.

1 - 1ms VRB value based on internal tests under specific test conditions. Level of brightness may vary as a result of Visual Response Boost™ mode in use.
    2 - Additional PS5/Xbox Series X combinations include the following: PS5: 4K UHD@120Hz / FHD@120Hz with VRR via one HDMI cable. Xbox Series X: 4K UHD@120Hz / WQHD@120Hz / FHD@120Hz with VRR via one HDMI cable.

Same question as Valkyrieone. What is the difference between the CG437K P and S? Also, how many LDZ are there. It seemed like the P had 12 (6 x 2 rows) from demos, but can't find the information on any site.
  • Mavic15
    Mavic15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    When is the CG437K S going to be available ? 

On the Acer web site they are actually promoting the specs of the CG437K S like the 2.1 HDMI under the CG437K monitor and if you click buy now all that's available is the CG437K with the HDMI 2.0 everywhere.

Very frustrating since there's no explanation as to why the CG437K S specs are there and you can end up buying the CG437K if you're not careful or paying attention.
  • STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    JaylumX said:
    I think I will give this a miss.  Acer does not have a good track record of supporting their monitor products.  I have its older sibling and while quality wise it is a very good monitor, I am sure there can be improvements in software.  Lesson is that I will now find out about how product is supported before I sink large quantities of cash into it.

Same for me. Acer doesn't really support any of their products. I won't buy from them again because of this.