[email protected] 2021: Acer Connect M5 5G Mobile WiFi - The Next Generation of Speed

Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,367 Community Administrator
edited May 2021 in Gadgets & Smartphones

Experience the next level of technology with the Acer Connect M5 5G Mobile Router, a true 5G mobility device featuring:
✅ Wi-Fi 6
✅ Gigabit LAN & USB-C
✅ Just 200g

LEARN MORE >>

Find out more about the new products we announced here.

1 - Specifications may vary depending on the model and/or region. All models subject to availability.

Comments

• pmaniapmania Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited July 5
    Hello, I received this Mobile Router yesterday. I am getting very good speeds I think it seems better then on my phone and other mobile router but got a new provider too with 5G although I went to the cell tower but was unlucky to get 5G yet, restarted the router there too.
    The problem I have till now is that I can't get internet from 4G routed to the ethernet port. I can just get 4G inet from the usb port. But my plan was to use the ethernet port and then I can put the usb cable on a powerbank if needed.
    I am also missing an option to power off the device through the web/app, and there is also nothing like a Wi-Fi Extender as there is on my other mobile router maybe alot of others do have these features I am not really bothered with the Wi-Fi Extender feature but to remotely power off the device would be nice for now it only supports restarting so a bit weird don't you think that this is not yet there ? Okay, maybe not because cable modems etc. don't have it either I think. And speaking of cable modems I get a bit higher connection through wifi till now and my cable modem is just below the AX technology I think it is WiFi 6, my Samsung Note 10+ phone supports AX. But how do you check / test it out ? I saw that the transmit power is a bit lower for the Wi-Fi part then for the mobile part.
    I could buy this device and pay it in 2 months 3 payments through klarna, that is nice because 5G mobile routers are still pretty expensive.
    The speeds I am getting indoors are very very good, I could test out my other provider if it is this device or just the provider. Because outside they don't seem to differ that much. To forward SMS is also a nice handy feauture. BTW when I connect an ethernet cable it seems to send some data over it but just drops down to 2kb/s or 2 Kbps something like that after a few seconds, it does get an ip adress etc. And I was able to reach the internal webpage on 192.168.1.1 but not on acer.connect after a few seconds it goes to acer.connect in the browser but nothing loading anymore. I tried it on 2 different boards like a workstation and a mini pc. Will try it out some more in the mean time.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 87,507 Trailblazer
    pmania said:
    Hello, I received this Mobile Router yesterday. I am getting very good speeds I think it seems better then on my phone and other mobile router but got a new provider too with 5G although I went to the cell tower but was unlucky to get 5G yet, restarted the router there too.
    The problem I have till now is that I can't get internet from 4G routed to the ethernet port. I can just get 4G inet from the usb port. But my plan was to use the ethernet port and then I can put the usb cable on a powerbank if needed.
    I am also missing an option to power off the device through the web/app, and there is also nothing like a Wi-Fi Extender as there is on my other mobile router maybe alot of others do have these features I am not really bothered with the Wi-Fi Extender feature but to remotely power off the device would be nice for now it only supports restarting so a bit weird don't you think that this is not yet there ? Okay, maybe not because cable modems etc. don't have it either I think.
    I could buy this device and pay it in 2 months 3 payments through klarna, that is nice because 5G mobile routers are still pretty expensive.
    The speeds I am getting indoors are very very good, I could test out my other provider if it is this device or just the provider. Because outside they don't seem to differ that much. To forward SMS is also a nice handy feauture. BTW when I connect an ethernet cable it seems to send some data over it but just drops down to 2kb/s or 2 Kbps something like that after a few seconds, it does get an ip adress etc. And I was able to reach the internal webpage on 192.168.1.1 but not on acer.connect after a few seconds it goes to acer.connect in the browser but nothing loading anymore. I tried it on 2 different boards like a workstation and a mini pc. Will try it out some more in the mean time.
    I suggest you ask a new question and let me know the exact model of the device.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    Device name: Acer Connect M5
    Software version: M5_A22.31_23531
    The routing is only working through the USB port not through the ethernet port, as I said before it seems to give all the right ip adresses from the DHCP server there seems to be going data over the ethernet port but only for a short while.
    I couldn't seem to reach 192.168.1.1 but now I can and it says on the status properties page for the network adapter I have it connected to that it has internet it doesn't look that different from the other adapter which I turn off to test maybe I have to unplug the whole cable. Only difference is I only get the local DNS server which is 192.168.1.1 instead of 2 dns servers. Let me try to ping Google dns 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or something. Hmm the first one no reply the second one has a reply. So it is just probably only DNS Server easy to fix on PC for me, you can just type it in let's turn them around so the last one on top (me like fast replies :) ) No still doesn't work I am trying with Microsoft Edge browser, it tries to open some other URL first it did change into something.msn.com

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
       Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection
       Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D0-50-99-64-BB-CE
       DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
       Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
       IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.20(Preferred)
       Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : dinsdag 5 juli 2022 17:04:36
       Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : woensdag 6 juli 2022 17:04:36
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
       DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
       DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms

C:\>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Control-C
    ^C

ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\>ping 8.8.4.4

Pinging 8.8.4.4 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.4.4: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=117
    Reply from 8.8.4.4: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=117
    Reply from 8.8.4.4: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=117
    Reply from 8.8.4.4: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 8.8.4.4:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 23ms, Average = 18ms

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection
       Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D0-50-99-64-BB-CE
       IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.20(Preferred)
       Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : dinsdag 5 juli 2022 17:04:36
       Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : woensdag 6 juli 2022 17:20:27
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
       DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.4.4
       NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
    edited July 5
    There seems to be going enough data over the ethernet cable for some reason:

https://gopro.com/v/kVnEa8keMo0gm
    I noticed another thing that seems kinda odd

I connected the M5 5G also with the usb cable, that was already working. But didn't look at all the ip adresses, it does give also ipv6 instead of only ipv4 as it is with connecting the M5 5G through ethernet!

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Remote NDIS Compatible Device
       Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A2-B9-07-D5-0E-A0
       IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2a02:a420:25:e6fc:ed02:c9f1:a704:4d36(Preferred)
       Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2a02:a420:25:e6fc:b510:88ab:bd24:4562(Preferred)
       Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ed02:c9f1:a704:4d36%28(Preferred)
       IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.217(Preferred)
       Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : dinsdag 5 juli 2022 17:39:56
       Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : woensdag 6 juli 2022 17:39:57
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::f06d:92d8:b9f6:6463%28
       DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 480426247
       DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-29-D7-15-80-D0-50-99-64-BB-CE
       DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::3833:25ff:feb8:408e%28
                                           fe80::3833:25ff:feb8:408e%28
       NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I don't know what everything means as for ipv6 adresses there is alot more information, it's very odd that the DHCP server gives ipv4+ipv6 through USB but only ipv4 through ethernet. One will except that ethernet is still superior as USB, you would except that fiber etc. where almost whole inet is build one has more to do with ethernet then usb.

Wat is mijn IP adres?

Mijn IP adres is:

Mijn hostname is:
    188-207-118-251.mobile.kpn.net
    Mijn internet provider is:
    KPN

So I am using the Acer M5 5G now on my Desktop, only through USB not through ethernet!
    After doing a triple backup :) :P and a reset the internet is working on the ethernet port.
    And I am sometimes a little stupid, because I was thinking why doesn't it get an ipv6 adress. But I didn't have the checkmark in the windows adapter ethernet network ports for ipv6 only ipv4 it's probably standard, just was looking at the difference since I get standard an ipv6 adress from my other provider isp wired cable one.
    Sorry for making this topic to complicated!