acer swift 3 board burnt and now the warranty is denied.

surenderverma
surenderverma Member Posts: 2 New User
i purchased acer swift 3 laptop on 9/4/2019, and i purchased the extended warranty of two years also, 
on 21st may i was working on my laptop and suddenly it went off with a click type noice when the laptop turned off i was using it on adapter. i lodged a case with customer care and when the service engineer checked the laptop its board found burned. now the service center denied the warranty. they told me it will not be covered under warranty because there is earthing issue, voltage issue and other things  because of which board burned. now i am in touch with the senior officials, what to do next?

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    i purchased acer swift 3 laptop on 9/4/2019, and i purchased the extended warranty of two years also, 
    on 21st may i was working on my laptop and suddenly it went off with a click type noice when the laptop turned off i was using it on adapter. i lodged a case with customer care and when the service engineer checked the laptop its board found burned. now the service center denied the warranty. they told me it will not be covered under warranty because there is earthing issue, voltage issue and other things  because of which board burned. now i am in touch with the senior officials, what to do next?
    Thanks for joining the Acer community surenderverma, unfortunately, the link I can provide you to check the status only covers Canada and the U.S. region, you will need to contact your local Acer support center to confirm this and also have the POP (Proof of purchase for the original receipt and warranty purchase) to have them verify this information with you and provide you with the correct warranty dates etc.

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi surenderverma,

May I know where did you purchased the extended warranty. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for joining the Acer community surenderverma, unfortunately, the link I can provide you to check the status only covers Canada and the U.S. region, you will need to contact your local Acer support center to confirm this and also have the POP (Proof of purchase for the original receipt and warranty purchase) to have them verify this information with you and provide you with the correct warranty dates etc.

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • surenderverma
    surenderverma Member Posts: 2 New User
    after getting in touch with the seniors they aggreed to replace the motherboard after giving arguments that sir there is earthing issues at your site and also there is voltage fluctuations at the site. so this time as an  exception they are approving motherboard replacement.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Thank you for following up back and providing us with the details, i am glad to hear this and this thread will be now closed.

Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.