Having issue connecting 3rd monitor to Acer Z24-890 all-in-one desktop

Options
TimHolmdel
TimHolmdel Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an Acer Z24-890 all-in-one desktop.  I currently connect a 2nd monitor via the HDMI out port.  Now I wanted to connect a 3rd monitor to this PC and having issue.  I bought a USB-C to dual HDMI adapter (SELORE USB-C Dual hdmi adapter).  When I plugged it in, the desktop detected an adapter but when I plug in the HDMI cable to my 3rd monitor - nothing displaying.  The monitor is not sensing anything.  From the desktop, I went to display and click on detect - it could not detect a 3rd monitor. I know that I have a USB-C gen2 port and it should be able to display video.

I can't figure out what's the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Answers

• TimHolmdel
    TimHolmdel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Attached is an image on the usb-c port on my desktop

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't see anything in the specs that say the USB-C port has DP over USB on it. You may have to use a normal dock instead of just a cable. DP over USB is allowed in the USB-C gen 2 spec, but not required...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bCarr21
    bCarr21 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Aspire z24 890 ua91 all in one. I have a 2nd monitore hooked up via the hdmi port and it works fine. To hook up a 3rd monitore I was told to get a usb-c to hdmi adapter and hook it up that way. I plugged in the adapter and the hdmi cable and widows is not detecting the 3rd monitor. What am I doing wrong? I need help, please!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong except to listen to whoever told you that would work. To put a third display on you need a docking station that provides video, a cable won't do it since your USB-C port doesn't have video over USB support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Yanghuan123
    Yanghuan123 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Dear Tim,

Sorry for hearing that.

We have checked the laptop's model number on the Acer official website, it isn't compatible with our hub. It only supports data transfer, not supports video output.

Selore support