previously synced account

Hartensia
Hartensia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Tablets
I brought an tablet from a estate sale which was  fine but I wiped it to have a clean slate but  it wants the previously synced password.   Is there ANYTHING I can do? It's been over a year with the sync "Time out"?  Please help.  Thanks 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I think it will always ask that as a security method, and it the password which will finish the wipe.
  • ThefatDudeUK
    ThefatDudeUK Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have access to account - but when I try and sign in on Acer it gives a unable to sign in due to unknown error 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    If you have access to that account you can log into it on the Google site, then change the password and use it to log into the tablet. The tablet needs to be connected to the net when you try to log in or else it won't sync correctly with Google.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ThefatDudeUK

Tinkerer

hi thanks for your really fast reply Billsey sadly although we re tried it as you advised we had actually tried this before - the message is not a dialog box more a flash message which is quite long& it's gone very quickly off screen  we did get a screen shot - It was My partners tablet I bought her a newer one & wanted to use it as a device to steam like c4 netflicx etc but we cant get into it
  • billsey
    What model of tablet is it? I wonder if it's expecting a 3G connection instead of WiFi?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ThefatDudeUK

Tinkerer

Acer Iconia One 10

10 (Model Name: B3-A30)
  • billsey
    The B3-A30 didn't have a 3G connection so that's not the issue then. Is it connected to a wireless network when you try to log in? If not you won't be able to get in with a changed password, you need to have the original.