Enabling Turbo Boost Aspire 3 A315-53G-599B

RnL1918
RnL1918 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I tried to enable turbo boost by creating power plan to  High Perf but when I checked the task manager, clock speed still stuck at 1.58 instead of 3.4ghz as listed on my laptop spec. Btw my laptop is Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G-599B

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    RnL1918 said:
    I tried to enable turbo boost by creating power plan to  High Perf but when I checked the task manager, clock speed still stuck at 1.58 instead of 3.4ghz as listed on my laptop spec. Btw my laptop is Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G-599B

RnL1918, the Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default. You can only disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS and if you have that switch in the BIOS? Which you don't in your Aspire 3 A315-53G-599B BIOS. There are no other user controllable settings via which you can change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control you can't enable and disable Turbo Boost Technology within windows with any settings only in BIOS and if you have that BIOS switch setting. 

In your Aspire 3 A315-53G-599B BIOS you only have settings for VT-x and VT-d which VT-x is the "Intel Virtualization Technology" (VT) formerly known as Vanderpool, this technology enables a CPU to act as if you have several independent computers, in order to enable several operating systems to run at the same time on the same machine. While VT-d is the marketing term for a collection of Intel chipset technologies that individually or collectively enhance the performance of the I/O subsystem. The most commonly used of these features goes by several names, the most descriptive of which is Direct Device Attach (DDA)1. This feature is also commonly referred to as "pass through" and VMware also uses the term "VM DirectPath" to refer to it.