My acer aspire 7A715-75G-58T1 laptop won't turn on, lights or anything

rez177482782817
rez177482782817 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
So the bottom cover of my acer aspire 7 (bottom says A715-75G-58T1) laptop was coming off so I decided to open it so i can see what's wrong. the piece of plastic holding the screws broke. I decided that since i had it open, i can take a look at the SSD, RAM and maybe the cooler. I took off the SSD, RAM and cooler then put them back exactly as it was before. Now it won't turn on. Although I must say that while i was using my screwdriver I slipped, hit the motherboard and a spark came out. Nothing looks wrong tho, here's a picture of the area  where it happened (to the right of the ram stick).

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>I took off the SSD, RAM and cooler then put them back exactly as it was before. Now it won't turn on. Although I must say that while i was using my screwdriver I slipped, hit the motherboard and a spark came out.>>>

(1 )Do you mean that you didn't disonnect the battery wire from the mainboard when you did all this?

(2) Did you reconnect and fully tighten the cover screws?

(3) Does the battery charge LED turn from steady orange to steady blue when plugged in but turned off?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi rez177482782817,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​