XB271HU onscreen display buttons starting to fail?

Options
mrpetebojangles
mrpetebojangles Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Monitors
Hey all,

My 4 year old XB271HU monitor has begun to fail I believe. Recently my XB271HU onscreen display will just start registering ghost inputs and cycle quickly between the 2 input options of DP and HDMI.

I've tried powering the monitor on and off, fully removing the power cord for several minutes, and it just continues to be a problem. THANKFULLY, the monitor isn't actually switching inputs over to a black screen. I'm not sure if it's something as simple as a stuck button or something more serious.

Any suggestions? I understand the monitor is outside of warranty now, am I simply out've luck? I submitted a ticket on Acer's website to see what a repair would possibly cost.

Funny enough, I've been looking to purchase one of the new 240hz 1440p options that were announced to come out in May, but seeing how it's near the end of May and no announcements have been made, I guess we shall see. I'm worried of purchasing a new Acer monitor, if I only was able to get 4 years of service out've my current one. 

Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm guessing a stuck button. You might have to pull it apart enough to clean out the holes the button goes through and perhaps the switch the button actually engages.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrpetebojangles
    mrpetebojangles Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hmmm, it’s weird though, because the behavior doesn’t always exist. It can not happen at times, and then just continue to cycle through the OSD options.