A515-51G-560N; keyboard doesn't work

DickDavis
DickDavis Member Posts: 2 New User
Laptop is 3 - 4 years old. Was working OK then after a lunch break, I could not input into the word document I was working on from the keyboard. When inserting cursor, without touching keyboard, the number 6 was rapidly input for rows and rows. Had to close the document without saving.
Tried opening new word doc but the 6's were inputting without touching anything. Same thing happened in excel and in Microsoft Edge in the search bar.
Tried restoring the laptop but keyboard still didn't work. Have now reset the laptop and still it does not work, but I can input from USB keyboard.
I saw in a previous question that uninstalling and reinstalling Acer Instant Access might work but it didn't.
In Device Manager > Keyboards there are two entries; HID keyboard and Standard PS/2 Keyboard. Updating the drivers shows they are the latest available.
Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,062 Pathfinder
    You can try tapping the 6 key for few times. If it doesn't solve the issue, you might have to replace the keyboard.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • DickDavis
    DickDavis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks. Didn't work. Am using wireless usb keyboard. Very disappointed with Acer that such a fault should occur within 4 years. I have been using desktops and laptops for nearly 40 years and never experienced this problem, even on hardware 10 years old.