Acer Aspire A315-41-R4R3 doesn't boot up.

AmundarainCJ
AmundarainCJ Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi, this is my first time asking something here, bare with me xd when I press the power button, the power led lights on but shut downs after 2 or 3 seconds. I've already tried cleaning the RAM with an eraser, plugged a clip on the battery button thing, and trying to access the BIOS seems useless since the laptop doesn't let me do anything before it turns off again.

What can I do before asking a technician to check it?

P.S: This has happened once or twice before but cleaning the RAM and pressing the battery button fixed it those times, it's not working this time.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try using an air duster to remove any dust from the laptop, blow the air holding the can straight because some liquid might go into the laptop, you can also blow slightly with your mouth at the vents, if it stays switched on after using air duster, you have an overheating problem, then you have to properly clean the fans and repaste the CPU.
    If that doesn't help, check the rubber pad on the memory door for any damage, when the door is removed it releases the switch and disconnect the battery, when the door is closed it connects the battery to the motherboard, so if you see any damage to the pad you can apply a layer of electrical tape to help it function normally.
    Did you leave the laptop to rest for a while(15-20Mins) after the battery reset? If not, give it a try as well.
    Air Duster Aerosol 200ml (poundshop.com)