Totally disappoint, I would love to have a refund - Aspire 7

Options
Vsk2353
Vsk2353 Member Posts: 15 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey there ( Acer if you are reading this),
I purchased your Acer Aspire 7, which was recently launched in 2020. My laptop is still under warranty. I am so disappointed with the product. Just 5 months after using it, the fan started to be the first problem I faced. The fan started to wobble, and It would just make a crackling sound everytime I tilt the laptop just by even 2 degrees.
This was the first problem, I got it fixed after contacting the customer service.
Now the second problem that I recently faced was the charger.
I am a student, I have my exams going on and I am so disappointed with your product. The charger just blasted all of a sudden when I was studying. Though luckily, the laptop wasn't affected. But the laptop won't charge anymore. The charger isn't working anymore. Luckily I have just 10-30 days of my warranty left. I called the support and again, managed to receive a new charger which isn't coming anytime soon due to lockdown in Delhi. I live down south in India. I no longer can continue my classes, and I honestly would be happy if I could just return your laptop and get myself a better one, with all my childhood savings I spent on this laptop, all I have is a defected product that looks so good from the outside.. but this laptop has its own stupid problems. 

Please tell me how do I claim a refund? I have faced 2 problems just under warranty period and I am afraid that I will face more problems in the upcoming days. 

PS I am in India, by the way.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Vsk2353 said:
    I purchased your Acer Aspire 7, which was recently launched in 2020. My laptop is still under warranty. I am so disappointed with the product. Just 5 months after using it, the fan started to be the first problem I faced. The fan started to wobble, and It would just make a crackling sound everytime I tilt the laptop just by even 2 degrees.
    This was the first problem, I got it fixed after contacting the customer service.
    I am a student, I have my exams going on and I am so disappointed with your product. The charger just blasted all of a sudden when I was studying. Though luckily, the laptop wasn't affected. But the laptop won't charge anymore. The charger isn't working anymore. Luckily I have just 10-30 days of my warranty left. I called the support and again, managed to receive a new charger which isn't coming anytime soon due to lockdown in Delhi. I live down south in India. I no longer can continue my classes, and I honestly would be happy if I could just return your laptop and get myself a better one, with all my childhood savings I spent on this laptop, all I have is a defected product that looks so good from the outside.. but this laptop has its own stupid problems. 

Please tell me how do I claim a refund? I have faced 2 problems just under warranty period and I am afraid that I will face more problems in the upcoming days. 

Firstly Vsk2353 its very unfortunate that you have had these two problems as they are definitely not common and/or drastic! Yes the fan does malfunction if you don't keep your laptop in a clean environment and especially if you don't clean it, as dirt and felt can accumulate and can distort the fan blades functionality, so make sure that all vents and fans are clean and don't use the laptop outside in dusty conditions and/or in harsh elements. With the charger its also the same as any mains power brown outs and/or voltage irregularities do burn charges out. But Vsk2353, Acer has fulfilled its warranty duties by replacing your fans and now they will replace your charger and will send you a new charger.

In the meantime I suggest that you purchase a none OEM charger (as a spare) which for the Aspire 7 is a power adaptor/charger of an Input: 100-240V,50-60Hz Output: 19V 7.1A (Power: 135W) and with a Connecter size: 5.5mm*1.7mm and charge your Aspire 7 (sorry I don't know what exact model number of your Aspire 7 that you have?) for your exams and school.

The Aspire 7's are an excellent laptop for example I have the AN715-51 with the I7-8750H that is fully loaded with 32GB DDR4-2666MHz memory and with the GeForce GTX1660Ti 6GB GDDR6 GPU and I use it as a virtual secondary desktop, which is a massive performer and is an unbelievable laptop and I've always been very happy with it and this is about 2.5 years old. I suggest that you be patient as your problems are very minor and have nothing to do with the laptop performance per say and its overall quality as I found it to be an excellent performing laptop. Cheers and good luck and don't get stressed 

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Vsk2353 said:

Firstly Vsk2353 its very unfortunate that you have had these two problems as they are definitely not common and/or drastic! Yes the fan does malfunction if you don't keep your laptop in a clean environment and especially if you don't clean it, as dirt and felt can accumulate and can distort the fan blades functionality, so make sure that all vents and fans are clean and don't use the laptop outside in dusty conditions and/or in harsh elements. With the charger its also the same as any mains power brown outs and/or voltage irregularities do burn charges out. But Vsk2353, Acer has fulfilled its warranty duties by replacing your fans and now they will replace your charger and will send you a new charger.

In the meantime I suggest that you purchase a none OEM charger (as a spare) which for the Aspire 7 is a power adaptor/charger of an Input: 100-240V,50-60Hz Output: 19V 7.1A (Power: 135W) and with a Connecter size: 5.5mm*1.7mm and charge your Aspire 7 (sorry I don't know what exact model number of your Aspire 7 that you have?) for your exams and school.

The Aspire 7's are an excellent laptop for example I have the AN715-51 with the I7-8750H that is fully loaded with 32GB DDR4-2666MHz memory and with the GeForce GTX1660Ti 6GB GDDR6 GPU and I use it as a virtual secondary desktop, which is a massive performer and is an unbelievable laptop and I've always been very happy with it and this is about 2.5 years old. I suggest that you be patient as your problems are very minor and have nothing to do with the laptop performance per say and its overall quality as I found it to be an excellent performing laptop. Cheers and good luck and don't get stressed 
  • Vsk2353
    Vsk2353 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Vsk2353 said:

Hey sir, I am really sorry for my rude behaviour... But I had a mock test today which I had to miss.. ( can't use a mobile phone for the test ).. so I was in quite a bit of stress haha..  thank you so much for helping me. 🙏

I will have to order some screw drivers to open the back panel.. to access the fan and check the dust. 

How do I know what size the screws on my laptop are?
  • StevenGen
    Options

Hey sir, I am really sorry for my rude behaviour... But I had a mock test today which I had to miss.. ( can't use a mobile phone for the test ).. so I was in quite a bit of stress haha..  thank you so much for helping me. 🙏

I will have to order some screw drivers to open the back panel.. to access the fan and check the dust. 

How do I know what size the screws on my laptop are?

That is ok Vsk2353 I do understand, its very frustrating but you have to look after a laptop its not a tool that can be abused! Firstly, what is the exact model of your Aspire 7? As you still haven't told us! The screw list below is the typical (not exactly of yours as it could be different) list of the Aspire 7 screws (see caption below), they are small so you will need to purchase special screw drivers and attachments from an electronic shop that sells them in your area as you can get them from on the internet from iFixit tools that are one of the best tools and have all the tool kits that you would want. Good luck.