computer reset from startup - aspire a715-71g

zeezke
zeezke Member Posts: 7 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
so i have a acer aspire a715-71g with broken screen, i have an external monitor which i used for some time until i installed nvidia geforce experience, and the ecternal monitor wont work anymore. is there a way in the startup reset (alt+F10) way to reset the computer by pressing buttons in the right order.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi zeezke,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    If you can you still see a Windows sign in screen, you might be able to boot to safe mode with the shift-restart trick and simply uninstall Experience. Then reboot to regular mode again.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Hi zeezke,

Is there any update ?
  • zeezke
    no i cannot see anything on the screen so i cannot locate anything with my mouse
  • JackE
    Shut the laptop off. Press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding the F2 key, turn the machine on to see if anything will appear on an external HDMI screen.

Jack E/NJ

• zeezke
    nope nothing happened
  • JackE
    Do you have the broken screen's lid open? Have you tried to toggle the HDMI screen on and off with FN+F5?

Jack E/NJ

• zeezke
    yes ive tried that, dient seem to work
  • zeezke
    and no the screen lid is not open
  • Easwar
    Hi zeezke,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.

• JackE
    Then try opening the lid. There's a hall effect sensor in the lid that shuts the graphics off if you close the lid

Jack E/NJ

• zeezke
    tried both answers, none didnt work :/
  • JackE
    >>>so i have a acer aspire a715-71g with broken screen, i have an external monitor which i used for some time until i installed nvidia geforce experience, and the ecternal monitor wont work anymore.>>>

It is unlikely that this Windows software directly caused the issue. Because a Windows program should not affect viewing the BIOS menu before Windows even starts to load. It's more likely that either the keyboard connector came loose from the mainboard or the BIOS firmware somehow became corrupted. A quick check of the keyboard can often be done by simply palming a bunch of random keys and then turning the machine on to see if a BIOS beep error code is heard. If no beeps are heard, then the keyboard is probably inoperative.

Jack E/NJ

• zeezke
    it was at the same time after i downloaded the nvidia geforce experience i had to restart the computer and after the restart my computer couldnt recognize the external monitor
  • JackE
    Maybe coincidence? Nvidia software should  NOT affect the BIOS menu display since nvidia loads AFTER the BIOS menu. This is more likely a hardware or firmware issue.  Can you hear BIOS keyboard error beeps when you try to start the laptop with a bunch of random keys depressed?

Jack E/NJ