Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41: a new Acer laptop, and inside a used drive - the packaging is factory sealed

atraxt
atraxt Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone,

I have a question: is it possible that a used disk is inserted in a new (factory sealed) laptop, or maybe the data read by CrystalDiskInfo 8.12.0 is unreliable?

On 18/05/2021 I bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 laptop with a 512GB SSD disk in the Mediaexpert network. Same day I used my laptop for 5-6 hours including windows installation and some small apps. Yesterday I used the laptop for about 6-7 hours, installed Civilization 6 to check it, and several diagnostic programs, including CrystalDiskInfo.

And this program caused me mixed feelings: it showed the number of times the disk was turned on (power on count) - 81 times, and the operating time of the disk (power on hours) - 117 hours.

I don't know if this data is reliable, but why not. In this case it turns out that I bought a used laptop that someone played with, returned it and I bought it as new?

The seals on the box appear to be original with the words "check contents if seal is broken".

All in all, I'm disgusted with this situation, but maybe it's a software bug? I have a 1.5 year old Asus, rarely used, in which this program shows the number of starts (power on count) 414 times and the working time (power on hours) 40 hours, which seems impossible ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>I don't know if this data is reliable>>>
    >>>this program shows the number of starts (power on count) 414 times and the working time (power on hours) 40 hours, which seems impossible>>>

You sometimes get what you pay for when using diagnostic freeware.   :)   Don't fret over this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ