Soundcard for gaming and films Predator Orion 3000 PO6-620.

Options
Topdahl
Topdahl Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi,

I'm wondering about the inbuilt soundcard that comes with my Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO6-620. I've downloaded and installed the DTS plugin which has improved the sound in my 7.1 virtual surround sound headphones. But I'd also like to have surround sound on my speakers aswell. Problem is that the IO panel in the back doesn't have outputs for a 5.1 system. Only a 3.5mm output for the mike and front speakers. So I can't connect a subwoofer or extra set of real speakers etc. to my pc without adding f.ex. amplifier or a proper surround soundcard.

If I buy a soundcard that has support for surround sound (3.5mm jacks for front, center, back speakers) , will I still be able to use the DTS audio format that my mobo offers through my new soundcard? Or must I buy a soundcard that has it's own DTS audio format built into it? It doesn't have to be DTS of course. It can be Dolby ATMOS etc. But I kinda like the fact that my motherboard has it's own DTS built in already and would like to go with that.

Hope someone can explain this for me as I'm kindof stuck on what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title