Verical white banner + distored colors flashing across screen ( Acer Aspire 3 | Model: a315-34-c7lr)

Vibrant
Vibrant Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I bought this unit brand new from a seller on eBay about 3 months ago.

Within days of starting to use it, the screen started showing a vertical white banner that varies in length on boot. This white banner (which usually comprises of numerous white lines) and different other color fragments flashing all around, started propping up from the Acer welcome screen itself. So, it’s not Windows related.

I saw a video on YouTube video that fairly represents the issue I’m having, except in my case, the problem tends to completely goes away after powering down the unit for about 10 minutes and starting it back up again. And, the white lines and color fragments only affect about a quarter of the screen.

The video showing the similar issue:  https://youtu.be/4pvsGJETshE

According to this video and from what I read online; this is very likely caused by a loose connection. If that’s the case, why does the problem go away on its own when I power down the laptop and disconnect the power supply for about 10 mins? Also, the problem usually only props up when I haven’t used the laptop in a while.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try this first. Turn the laptop off. Remove the charger Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try it again. If issue persists, HDMI out to a TV screen to check if the same white lines and distortion. Report  back with results.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Try this first. Turn the laptop off. Remove the charger Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try it again. If issue persists, HDMI out to a TV screen to check if the same white lines and distortion. Report  back with results.

Jack E/NJ

• Vibrant
    Vibrant Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks.

I did the above.

Not sure if it would have the desired effect, because the issue had gone away at the time of me writing this.

• JackE
    If/when it happens again, try the pinhole reset and/or HDMI out to a TV screen to see if it mirrors the lid screen issues.

Jack E/NJ