Hello, I have tried everything on the internet to fix this but nothing helps:
I needed to put clean install of Windows on my laptop so I had downloaded the installation from microsoft and had putten it onto an usb drive. From there I installed the windows. After the installation was done (I have chosen my main ssd - I have SSDs on both slots) the installation window has restarted to the first page. I tried installing it all over again and so on. If I try pulling out the usb I get the "default boot device missing or boot failed" message.
In BIOS boot section there is nothing but "Windows boot manager" and I can't switch from UEFI to Legacy as there is no other option apart from UEFI.
In CMD I tried activating the disc partition to the correct one but i get "selected disk is not fixed mbr disk" mesaage.
I am starting to get a little insane with this and also kinda desperate.
Thank you for any help!
FAQ & Answers
In BIOS, I recommend you to 1st set Supervisor password. Then you will be getting option to disable the Secure Boot. Once Secure Boot is disabled, you should be able to boot from USB drive.
Also as a work around, I recommend you to have only 1 SSD and then try installing OS to it. Once OS installation is success, later you can add the another SSD.
After I set the Supervisor password I turned the safe boot off and tried the installation process again with no new result.
Then I took out the lastly added SSD (I should state that this was done months ago and the laptop worked with it) and with the safe boot still off I tried the installation process once more. Then I tried it with turning the safe boot back on. Nothing unfortunately changed anything.
Try to reset your unit,
1. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot.
3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
7. Follow the process until it completes.
8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.
Did you find an option to fix this ? Same problem
What Predator or Nitro laptop model number do you have? As the reason why “I installed the windows. After the installation was done (I have chosen my main ssd - I have SSDs on both slots) the installation window has restarted to the first page” is because you first need to delete all the partitions 1 to 4 and the Drive 0 uninstalled Space and after that you need to install your laptops IRST driver from a separate USB.
Go to your laptops model numbers Acer Drivers & Manuals page and download the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver onto another USB, when you get to “Where do you want to install windows” click on “Load driver” then insert the USB with the IRST driver and install the IRST driver from the USB drive as that will make the M.2 SSD be recognised by windows install, after FORMAT the 1TB M.2 SSD drive completely and proceed with the install of windows process, as that is why the installation does not finish and/or jumps to the beginning.