Why wont my battery charge for my Acer Nitro 5 515-51 gaming laptop?

Traebb
Traebb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My battery hasn't been charging lately, and has been stuck at 0 percent, however it isn't dying. I don't know if its a problem with the charger, or if its a problem with the battery. I've tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the battery driver, removing the battery, editing power settings but none of them worked. If anyone has any idea why this is happening please let me know.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Traebb

Regret to know that battery stopped charging. From the description, I see that you have tried almost all possible steps. As the issue persists, this seems to be hardware - Battery issue. If you believe that your product is under warranty, you need to contact Acer Technical support in your region and look for repair options. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Traebb

Regret to know that battery stopped charging. From the description, I see that you have tried almost all possible steps. As the issue persists, this seems to be hardware - Battery issue. If you believe that your product is under warranty, you need to contact Acer Technical support in your region and look for repair options. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie

• Traebb
    Traebb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Balatekie said:
    Hi @Traebb

Regards, 
    Balatekie
    Thanks for the reply! Im wondering, is it possible for me to install windows updates without 40%? In the updates and security tab in settings, it says my battery must be charged to 40% however, it will not raise the power level at all.
  • Balatekie
    Traebb said:
    Balatekie said:
    Hi @Traebb

Regards, 
    Balatekie
    Thanks for the reply! Im wondering, is it possible for me to install windows updates without 40%? In the updates and security tab in settings, it says my battery must be charged to 40% however, it will not raise the power level at all.
    The 40% battery level is one of the requirement criteria to have updates installed. Your issue is hardware and updating the Windows, might not help you. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie

• abrown612
    abrown612 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having this same issue my battery is at zero but charge will not go up tried the steps like putting a pin in the back leaving it for 20 mins still the same really frustrating as my laptop was expensive which is a bit of a downer any help anyone could give would be appreciated thanks