BIOS not show bootable pendrive Aspire 3 A315-54

muricy
muricy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi guys,

My notebook: Acer Aspire 3 A315-54 (core i5 10th, 256GB ssd, 4gb ram)

I have installed Ubuntu and want switch to windows 10 again. To install Ubuntu I need deactivate RST, and change sata mode at BIOS to AHCI.

Now I'm trying install windows 10 again and BIOS not show my bootable pendrive.
I write my bootable pendrive with this tutorial: https://techbit.ca/2019/02/creating-a-bootable-windows-10-uefi-usb-drive-using-linux/

I lost 1 day trying many things.
At BIOS setup I deactivated Secure boot and nothing. Saw many videos and forums and nothing worked...

Can anyone help me ?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Rufus USB iso must be set for UEFI or Legacy BIOS, GPT partitioned FAT32 formatted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    You can keep the SATA mode AHCI. Less trouble than RST. The BIOS Main tab must have the F12 boot option enabled. Then with the machine turned off and the bootable Win10 pendrive plugged in, turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F12 key. A menu should appear to allow booting from the USB installation pendrive. If it doesn't, try another USB port. If still no success, then go to this link to create a bootable Win10 installation USB pendrive using Microsoft's media creation tool and try it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muricy

Tinkerer

I tryed all usb ports and not show usb device when type F12.
    Tomorrow I will try write the iso file on pendrive at notebook of my mom with rufus and if not work I will use the microsoft media creation tool.
    After done I will write again, many thanks for reply.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Rufus USB iso must be set for UEFI or Legacy BIOS, GPT partitioned FAT32 formatted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muricy

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I write at rufus with gpt / uefi. My notebook don't have legacy mode. Will try right now.
  • muricy

Tinkerer

Hi JackE,

It's worked with rufus. I did not understand fine the trouble. I tryed many ways for write the iso file at linux, none worked.

Many thanks for help.
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success. Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ