acer aspire TC 895 setting up wireless keyboard and mouse without dongle

HGHF
HGHF Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have just bought an Aspire TC 895 desktop, and it came with a wireless keyboard and mouse.  I put in the batteries but there is no dongle to connect the two to Bluetooth, and the Bluetooth doesn't see either device.  I've restarted the computer, and removed the batteries, but to no avail.  How do I get the pc to see the devices?  Thanks

Answers

• DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited May 2021
    In Windows 10 try going into Settings (on start menu) > Devices and ensure that bluetooth is enabled then click on "Add Bluetooth or other device"
  • HGHF

Tinkerer

Sadly not.  I'd already tried that.  The Bluetooth is on, and can see other discoverable devices, but neither the mouse nor keyboard.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @HGHF

Have you double checked? Sometimes the dongle is stored inside a very small partition ( due to its size) either inside the back side of the mouse or the keyboard.
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited May 2021
    I'm using a Logitech mouse and keyboard with my TC-895 but I still have the Acer keyboard and mouse in the box in my loft. Went up the ladder to check for you and guess what? - ttttt is correct - the dongle is situated in the battery compartment in the mouse....
  • HGHF

Tinkerer

Thanks to both ttttt and DS549 - you are both quite right.  I had no idea how tiny the dongle was - barely larger than the USB fitting.  I'd actually looked all round the keyboard and mouse previously seeing if it was in a slot somewhere - but this time I looked inside the mouse and there it was!  I do wish they would provide even basic photo instructions that would tell a user how to set the thing up!

What is really crazy is that I spoke to my supplier this afternoon, and they actually told me that this mouse/keyboard combo doesn't come with a dongle!  They told me it must be faulty!

Thanks for all the help solving my issue!
  • ttttt
    @HGHF

Ha Ha ! The supplier doesn't know what he/she is selling. This kind of employee should be fired.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi HGHF,

It will be at bottom of the mouse and one USB dongle can connect both the mouse and keyboard.
    HP PCs - Troubleshooting wireless mouse problems  HP Customer Support

• BassOrWhat
    BassOrWhat Member Posts: 8 New User
    Hi all, does anyone know where the dongle is located in the Acer Mouses or Mice. I have a SM9662 wireless mouse. I don't want to take the mouse to bits in case I break it with my big clumsy fingers. There isn't a space for it at the bottom of the mouse as in the pic that HGHF posted.

Thanks
  • ttttt
    @BassOrWhat

Most manufacturers put the dongle in the battery compartment of the wireless mouse as inicated by the picture provided by @Easwar
    You don't need to take the mouse apart, but will need to open the compartment to put in battery anyway.

Since the dongle is so small, easy to overlook. Try to look for it in the battery compartment again. If not there, try look for it at the bottom of wireless keyboard ( if it is mouse and keyboard set). If still not there, then someone just forgotten to put it in before shipping.