Reset my Aspire E15

lepmichel
lepmichel Member Posts: 2 New User
When I bought my laptop in 2012, the OS was Win 8. I was updated to win 10 later. If I reset my laptop. will it reset to WIN 8 or WIN 10? If it resets to WIN 8 Will I be able to upgrade it again to win 10?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you do the reset inside the Windows10 environment from ControlPanel or Reset this PC in the start menu, it should reset to Win10. If you use the ALT+F10 cold boot method it may or may not reset to the factory installed version that's probably still hidden on the hard drive.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi lepmichel,

If you still have the win 8 OS in the local disc : C means it will only reloaded because it is the default for the unit.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you do the reset inside the Windows10 environment from ControlPanel or Reset this PC in the start menu, it should reset to Win10. If you use the ALT+F10 cold boot method it may or may not reset to the factory installed version that's probably still hidden on the hard drive.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi lepmichel,

If you still have the win 8 OS in the local disc : C means it will only reloaded because it is the default for the unit.
  • lepmichel
    lepmichel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Many thanks. I will try to reset inside the WIN 10 environment as it gives the possibility to do so. I will keep you informed