Helios 300 PH315-52 I did repaste but not sure if I won anything with temp/fan speed

Options
badi1992
badi1992 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello,

Last week I did repaste and changed thermal pads (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut + Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 1mm thick).

I made a big mistake because I didn't check exactly the temperatures and fan speed before repaste and I am not sure if I made the temps/fans speed worse or better.

Right now temps and fan speed in idle is like 

1980 RPM CPU and 2460 RPM GPU (temps are like 50 C deg for CPU and 35 C deg for the system)

Occasionally fan speed reaches ~1600 RPM CPU and 2100 RPM GPU

When opening a web browser with few tabs fan speed reach 2340 RPM CPU and 2700 RPM GPU

When playing CoD Warzone after ~30 mins the fans reach 3960 RPM CPU and 4500 RPM GPU (temps are like 90 C deg for CPU and 80 for GPU)

I know I can send my laptop to acer for repaste. As I know they can make it for free.

I am wondering if there is any sense to send them my laptop. Maybe the temps/fans speed will be the same.

Please let me know if my temps/fans speed are fine.

Please also share Your temps/fans speed in idle and stress so I will know if there is something more to do with the temperatures.

Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    Options
    badi1992 said:
    Hello,

Last week I did repaste and changed thermal pads (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut + Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 1mm thick).

I made a big mistake because I didn't check exactly the temperatures and fan speed before repaste and I am not sure if I made the temps/fans speed worse or better.

Right now temps and fan speed in idle is like 

1980 RPM CPU and 2460 RPM GPU (temps are like 50 C deg for CPU and 35 C deg for the system)

Occasionally fan speed reaches ~1600 RPM CPU and 2100 RPM GPU

When opening a web browser with few tabs fan speed reach 2340 RPM CPU and 2700 RPM GPU

When playing CoD Warzone after ~30 mins the fans reach 3960 RPM CPU and 4500 RPM GPU (temps are like 90 C deg for CPU and 80 for GPU)

I know I can send my laptop to acer for repaste. As I know they can make it for free.

I am wondering if there is any sense to send them my laptop. Maybe the temps/fans speed will be the same.

Please let me know if my temps/fans speed are fine.

Please also share Your temps/fans speed in idle and stress so I will know if there is something more to do with the temperatures.

Thanks
    The figures that you have outlined above for your Helios 300 PH315-52 CPU are normal for your PH315-52, this is the Acer manuals specs for your laptops CPU temps;

The only other way and a much simpler way to reduce temps is to use a tablet cooler that will assist in reducing temps. Or you can do drastic mods to reduce temps by modding the case and other things etc.

• badi1992
    badi1992 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Could You share Your fan speeds in idle/stress?