My Aspire 15 E5-576G-52GR has a broken battery.

k0rgzkrew
k0rgzkrew Member Posts: 5 New User
I have an Aspire 15 E5-576G-52GR and when I turned it on, the icon at the bottom indicated that there was no battery detected. When I tried playing CS:GO, I started having low framerate (10-20 fps). Before this, I was having 60+ fps regularly. I have tried factory resetting my laptop but the issue still persists. Is there a way to get back the previous performance without having to replace the battery?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your battery's internal charge controller has likely failed. Google keywords E5-576G & battery for vendors/sellers who ship to your location. About $25USD for a new battery replacement.
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• k0rgzkrew
    This is what appeared when I tried 'powercfg /battertreport'.

• JackE
    Are you using the command prompt as an administrator?. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• k0rgzkrew
    Yes I did.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your battery's internal charge controller has likely failed. Google keywords E5-576G & battery for vendors/sellers who ship to your location. About $25USD for a new battery replacement.
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• k0rgzkrew
    Ok, thank you very much!
  • JackE
    Good luck with a new battery.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ