Helios 300 PH315-52 Restarting after installing second SSD

Options
Badsun117
Badsun117 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops

My Helios worked for 1 year without problems. I installed extra 16gb ram to enable dual channel and my laptop worked fine. Then I decided to install a new 512gb SSD into the second m2 slot and now my laptop is getting black screen and restarting when gaming on new SSD. I used Crystal Disk software to check the SSD and it says it's 100%. And Windows reliability tool just says that the windows was shut down incorrectly. One strange thing I am noticing is that When I play a game with my mouse connected the windows will restart after 3-30 minutes. When I am gaming using a Bluetooth Xbox controller and the mouse is disconnected windows don’t restart. Help me please this is the first time I have such a issue with laptops and I can’t find any answer.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi @Badsun117

As a work around, remove the newly added SSD and then restart your computer and check, whether you experience the same black screen issue. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Badsun117
    Options
    Balatekie said:
    Hi @Badsun117

As a work around, remove the newly added SSD and then restart your computer and check, whether you experience the same black screen issue. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
    When I play a game that is installed on HDD I don't experience any crash.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,997 Trailblazer
    Options
    Badsun117 said:

My Helios worked for 1 year without problems. I installed extra 16gb ram to enable dual channel and my laptop worked fine. Then I decided to install a new 512gb SSD into the second m2 slot and now my laptop is getting black screen and restarting when gaming on new SSD. I used Crystal Disk software to check the SSD and it says it's 100%. And Windows reliability tool just says that the windows was shut down incorrectly. One strange thing I am noticing is that When I play a game with my mouse connected the windows will restart after 3-30 minutes. When I am gaming using a Bluetooth Xbox controller and the mouse is disconnected windows don’t restart. Help me please this is the first time I have such a issue with laptops and I can’t find any answer.

Have you checked the temps of your laptop when these crashes happen? As that could also be a factor if your laptop is overheating and triggering a shut down. There could be numerous problems with what is causing these "black screen and restarting when gaming on new SSD". It could be that the SSD is incompatible and/or faulty as Acer recommends and fits OEM the "Intel SSD 600p Series SSDPEKKW512G7X1 (512 GB M.2 80mm PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D1 TLC)" type M.2’s into these laptops and if you are using this M.2 as a slave what format have you got for your slave etc or with the mouse. Also, give us more details as there could be allot of other factors that could be causing these blackouts and restarts. 
  • Badsun117
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Badsun117 said:

Have you checked the temps of your laptop when these crashes happen? As that could also be a factor if your laptop is overheating and triggering a shut down. There could be numerous problems with what is causing these "black screen and restarting when gaming on new SSD". It could be that the SSD is incompatible and/or faulty as Acer recommends and fits OEM the "Intel SSD 600p Series SSDPEKKW512G7X1 (512 GB M.2 80mm PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D1 TLC)" type M.2’s into these laptops and if you are using this M.2 as a slave what format have you got for your slave etc or with the mouse. Also, give us more details as there could be allot of other factors that could be causing these blackouts and restarts. 
    My temps are +- 82c on CPU and 78 on GPU when gaming. My SSD is ADATA Falcon M.2 2280 OCIe Gen 3x4. 512gb. Link: https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Falcon-Gen3x4-Write-Internal/dp/B0897D72B5/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=ssd+adata+falcon+512&qid=1621132273&sr=8-12
  • Badsun117
    Options
    Badsun117 said:
    StevenGen said:
    Badsun117 said:

My temps are +- 82c on CPU and 78 on GPU when gaming. My SSD is ADATA Falcon M.2 2280 OCIe Gen 3x4. 512gb. Link: https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Falcon-Gen3x4-Write-Internal/dp/B0897D72B5/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=ssd+adata+falcon+512&qid=1621132273&sr=8-12
    Is this SSD compatible?