aspire 4741G black screen of death due to the bios corruption

zero1324567
zero1324567 Member Posts: 2 New User
hi
my aspire 4741g goes to the black screen of death after a bad bios update in windows10.
I've found out that I should flash the bios through crisis bios setup using a .fd file (I know the procedure) but I have 3 questions:
1) I've installed a ssd drive using a caddy, do I need to remove it before the process?
2) I know I should rename the .fd file to an exact name, can anybody help me with that name or .fd file?
3) how can I extract the right .fd file from bios installation files?

btw I found a name with phoniex tool: (ACPI05)
but I think it's not the right name.

help me please.
thanks.

Answers

• There is a .fd file in version 1.11 of the bios, inside the DOS folder. I believe it is the correct file. However, bios recovery is a risky procedure to be performed by an acer technician.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zero1324567
    zero1324567 Member Posts: 2 New User
    There is a .fd file in version 1.11 of the bios, inside the DOS folder. I believe it is the correct file. However, bios recovery is a risky procedure to be performed by an acer technician.
    thanks for the response...
    I saw many YouTube videos and people changed the file name to an exact name and they found the name using the hexeditor but I couldn't find the file name in any .fd files from all versions of the bios update files from acer's site.
    can you please help me with that?
    I just wanted to know the exact .fd file name.