SPIN 513-52N-58E1 Random toggling of autorotation every few seconds. A complete productivity killer.

GGLGGL Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi Folks,

My SPIN 513-52N-58E1 is today having a resurgence of a recent issue where it is (seemingly randomly) jumping between laptop and tablet modes literally every few seconds (again pretty random intervals). When it's in tablet mode I can't use the mouse pad for the mouse. 

Any guidance on this? It's mentally draining and killing my productivity.

I've seemingly disabled autorotation it in the Registry but it keeps happening, just less often (unless that's a coinicidence, as this comes and goes again seeminly at random).

Thank you for any help. ~

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,090 Trailblazer
    I believe that model uses a hall sensor to determine keyboard position and when the keyboard to display angle gets to 180° it toggles to tablet mode. If the sensor is failing it might be glitching between maximum and minimum, which would give those symptoms. Best in that case to contact Acer support for warranty repair. The Hall sensor is on a small board with a cable to the MB, so perhaps repairable without a MB replacement, but better to let them test and repair then just trying a new card in hopes that's the issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.