helios 300 Should I get a 27' or 24' monitor for valorant/ fps

Hymnnathon
Hymnnathon Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in Monitors
I have a helios 300 with rtx 2060, intel i7 gen 10 and I want to get a monitor for upgrade. Should I get a 27' or a 24' monitor, I'll use the monitor for playing valorant and other fps games. Thank you
[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Size doesn't matter. :) Actually, go for the biggest one that fits your environment easily. You'll be glad for the extra real estate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jhonesnowhere
    jhonesnowhere Member Posts: 1 New User

When choosing a monitor size for gaming, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and your specific requirements. However, there are a few factors to consider that might help you make an informed decision.

Screen Size:

• 24-inch monitors are generally considered ideal for 1080p resolution. They offer a good balance between screen real estate and pixel density, resulting in sharp images and smooth gameplay.
    • 27-inch monitors can be a great choice if you prefer a larger display or if you sit farther away from your screen. The increased size can provide a more immersive gaming experience, but keep in mind that the same 1080p resolution will be stretched over a larger area, potentially resulting in slightly less pixel density.

Resolution:

• Both 24-inch and 27-inch monitors are available in different resolutions, such as 1080p (Full HD) or 1440p (Quad HD). With a RTX 2060, you should be able to handle 1080p gaming without any issues. If you opt for a 27-inch monitor, you might consider going for a higher resolution like 1440p to maintain a good pixel density.

Refresh Rate:

• For FPS games like Valorant, a higher refresh rate can provide a smoother gaming experience. Look for monitors with a refresh rate of at least 144Hz or even 240Hz if you want to maximize your competitive edge.

Ultimately, if you prioritize pixel density and a slightly more compact display, a 24-inch monitor would be a good choice. On the other hand, if you prefer a larger display or sit farther away, a 27-inch monitor can provide a more immersive experience. Just ensure that you choose a monitor with a high refresh rate for optimal gaming performance pisos sitges

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

I always look at your desk size in order to tell what size monitor is best. Too big of a monitor sitting too close to you is a pain because it's hard to see the whole thing… Too small of a monitor on the back of a big desk makes it hard to see the details. You just want what's in the middle of those two extremes. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.