Aspire C27-962 - How to disable USB charging when PC is off?

SamPethany
SamPethany Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Hi - I have several USB peripherals (External drive, MIDI Keyboard and Audio Interface) that remain lit when PC is off. I wish to disable USB charging when PC is off as the audio interface does not restart correctly if continuously powered up. I've tried various control panel power options recommendations to no avail - also tried Acer Quick Access but there is no option available to turn off USB charging. Any help would be most appreciated -

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• qUAL is the exact model? Example C27-865-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamPethany
    SamPethany Member Posts: 2 New User
    I believe it's an Aspire C27-962 if that helps.
  • Does this setting not appear?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It doesn't look like any of the USB ports on your C27-962 support charging while off. You might pick up a USB hub with an external power supply instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manatony
    Manatony Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited August 2021
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem and the same number of pheripherals(External drive, MIDI Keyboard and Audio Interface), I think I've tried all the troubleshooting out there but couldn't fix it, do you still have the same problem? my laptop is a Aspire 5 A515-55G-575S
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @Manatony you should start your own thread, in the laptop sections, with your issue. Your Aspire will have significant design differences from the All-In-One we are talking about here. Be sure you include that model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.