Low sound on Triton 300 PT15-52-78L8

Options
Bree1594
Bree1594 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a Predator Triton 300 PT15-52-78L8 and while watching a video I noticed that my sound was at least half my friend's Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-54ED even at maximum volume. Comparing it with his Helios, he had his volume set to 50% and it drowned my volume out set at 100%, his speakers also have more bass to them, mine being a little tinny. 

I have attempted to search for an answer online but to no avail. I have also tried:
- Going to device manager and updating the Realtek Audio driver
- Uninstalling/reinstalling the Realtek Audio driver

While searching for an answer online and comparing my Triton to my friend's Helios, I found that I do not have the Realtek High Definition Audio driver that everyone else seems to have in their Device Manager. Have they changed the name and just removed the 'HD' part? 
Nor do I have the 'custom' tab in the speakers properties (I do in the headphone properties). One post suggested making sure the 'limited output' box was unchecked in this tab.

My second sound issue is with headphone use. When I initially tried to use my headphones they would not have any sound, it was only until I downloaded the Realtek Audio Console that the audio jack headphones worked and that was only with going back into Device Manager and disabling the NVidia High Definition Audio driver. Moreover, using the audio jack there's a slight constant ringing coming through. On top of that, today I am facing a new issue; I plug my headphones in and my Steam and browser audio will come through, but other programmes like iTunes and device sounds still simultaneously come through the speakers, even when they are listed under both the headphone and speaker options in the volume mixer (only the speaker mix shows the equaliser levels).

I don't have a lot of computer knowledge so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Answers

• Ro46
    Ro46 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Try to reinstall the audio drivers, if it does not help try reinstall the Windows.