ACER KG271P Freesync Support

Options
Johansohn88
Johansohn88 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

i am getting almost angry because i spent 2 hours looking for the answer and read the manuel for my acer monitor.
In the German manual it is stated, that Freesync is supported ONLY by HDMI, not displayport.
In the English manual that statement is left out. It just says "supports freesync"
Why is the German manual saying something different than the english??!!?!?! 
Can i use Freesync with DP or not? Atm i'm using it with a GTX 2060 card, which is not amd, but i am so confused, why the german manuel literray says this 
"Freesync (nur HDMI):
Kann einer FreeSync-unterstützten Grafikquelle die dynamische Anpassung der Aktualisierungsrate basierend auf den typischen Bildwiederholfrequenzen für Energieeffizienz, möglichst unterbrechungsfreie Wiedergabe und geringe Latenz "

English manual:
"FreeSync : It can allow a FreeSync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low-latency display update"

Please tell me if it is HDMI restricted or does Displayport also work for the ACER KG271P.
Thank you

Johansohn

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    edited May 2021
    Options
    It seemed to be that the German manual has VGA port. The English manual has DVI port. So the DVI model supports FreeSync through both ports(HDMI and DP)
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Johansohn88
    Johansohn88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thank you! I checked my model and it luckily only has HDMI, DP and DVI in but couldn't find a VGA port, so i can stay on DP for freesync support. So confusing the manuals for the same ACER KG271P model are different.