Monitor El431CR Speakers not working

Options
MLSTRAT
MLSTRAT Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2021 in Monitors
Dear All. I have a El1 Series/El431CR monitor. It is connected to the computer by HDMI. However, the sound is not playing from the monitor speakers. Could anyone help please?

Many thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options
    When you press the speaker on the taskbar, what is the speaker name it shows?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • MLSTRAT
    Options
    Hi There. It shows the name of the speaker(s) within the desktop. 
  • lenox
    lenox Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    hey could u help me out with my monitor it’s not turning on... like there’s a cord that goes into the monitor but the other end doesn’t have anything to plug into 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi MLSTRAT,

Did you connect anyother audio device to the unit like headphones or external speakers.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    MLSTRAT said:
    Hi There. It shows the name of the speaker(s) within the desktop. 
    Right click on the speaker, choose sounds. Click on playback tab. You will see the speaker list.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    lenox said:
    AnhEZ28 said:
    hey could u help me out with my monitor it’s not turning on... like there’s a cord that goes into the monitor but the other end doesn’t have anything to plug into 
    What does that cord look like?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which El431CR model do you have? Some have speakers and some do not. Perhaps yours doesn't have speakers...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MLSTRAT
    Options
    Hi Guys, the speaker list shows 3 speakers. 1) the speakers that are in the desktop itself 2) HDMI (says not plugged in) and 3) headphones. A copy of this list is in the attached image. The monitor is connected to the desktop via the HDMI cord. Picture is working perfectly but still no sound from the monitor. Any ideas anyone? many thanks indeed everyone. Your help is greatly appreciated. No other audio devices have been connect to the desktop like external speakers of headphones.   
  • billsey
    Options
    There usually is a bunch of letters after the El431CR in your model name. Those define the features installed, and some models do not have speakers but do have an Audio-Out jack for external speakers. With external speakers plugged in the Digital Audio (HDMI) will work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MLSTRAT
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @billsey Many thanks for your message.  the letters after EL431CR are Pbmiiipx. The manual also says the same information. I'm more than Slightly confused...
  • billsey
    Options
    Yep, that one does have speakers, so it's not that. Your sound settings say the HDMI speakers aren't plugged in. Any change the cable isn't passing the audio signals?