I want to reset my windows in my acer aspire 7

himanshu_82
himanshu_82 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
due to crash file I have reinstall  windows in my laptop (acer aspire 7) but after reinstating the windows in my laptop and I found that my acer software is now not available and most of the customized setting by acer is now available such as -
size of Nvidia GPU activity and etc. setting with there driver also 
so I want acer customized windows back in same way it was from factory

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    depending on how you installed windows, you may be ale to use the "reset" feature within windows, by default it doesnt wipe the recovery partition so as long as you didnt flatten the disk it will still be there.

Failing that, acer offer an item on the store called the e recovery media which is meant to image the laptop

And also, all the drivers and software are available to install on the support site :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    We really need to know which model you have, since things are different for each of them. It should be something like A7xx-xxx-xxxx. If yours is old enough that it has done some of the semi-annual upgrades from Microsoft then the original Acer recovery image may no longer be available on the machine. If that's the case, then like Leostat suggests you will have to purchase the recovery media from Acer to get all the apps and settings. If the recovery is still there then you can just follow the Acer recovery process and it'll get you back to where the system was as new, then you can do all the Windows updates without losing any of the Acer specific stuff.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.