Predator PH315-52 different fans speed question

Options
badi1992
badi1992 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello,

I have Predator PH315-52 (i7-9750, rtx2060)

1) Is is normal the cpu and gpu fans works in different speed?

Right now the CPU fan speed is 2040rpm and the gpu fan speed is 2520. Is it normal?

CPU and GPU "main" heatpipe is connected with gpu and cpu so I am wondering why Acer didn't make the fans to work with the same speed.

2) Is there any way to modify the fans speed?

Customized fan speed in Predator sense doesn't work as I expected - it works just the same like in auto mode.

It would be nice if we can hold both fans at low speed when opening a web browser or making any simple tasks - that doesn't affect too much to the gpu/cpu temperatures.

Thanks!

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi badi1992,

You can customize the fan speed in the predator sense app.

Fan control Use the fan control to adjust the fan activity for the CPU and GPU. Activate CoolBoost™ to increase fan speed beyond the normal maximum, enhancing cooling power when the system is under heavy use.

PredatorSense  Acer Design 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @EaswarDoes your laptop have this feature in the predator sense?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • badi1992
    badi1992 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    @Easwar

Thank You for Your answer. I can adjust fan speed in predator sense but it doesn't seems to work to lower the fans speed and increase cpu/gpu temps. It only works to increase the fans speed.

Could You also answer me to question number 1) ? Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The speed of the fans varies, depending on the temperature as well. So, it is possible that the speeds of gpu and cpu fans are slightly different, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)