Aspire 315-21-99E5 Stuck on Acer logo after attempted ssd upgrade, f2 for bios does not work

Guepard2
Guepard2 Member Posts: 2 New User
Background Info:
Have been using the laptop with no problems or modifications for the past 3 years.

Problem:
I tried to upgrade the HDD to a 860 evo ssd. I cloned the drive using Samsung’s cloning software and swapped the drives then turned on the laptop. It worked fine for the first time that I booted on the ssd. After I turned it off and tried to use the laptop again later on, it would not get past the acer logo (there was no loading circle under the logo like usual).

Attempts:
 I already tried to use the previous hdd (which still has exactly the same data as the sdd), I tried to take out the cmos and wait, I tried to reset the laptop with the tiny button on the bottom of the laptop as well all these things did nothing and the device stays on the acer logo. I also tried to boot into the bios but the f2 button is not opening the bios. Another problem that developed later on is the laptop is not working off of the built in battery anymore as I tried testing each of the above solutions. Now it only works if it is plugged into the wall.

If you guys have any advice it would be very appreciated as this is my only computer and I really need it for school.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    When it shows Acer logo, you can wait about 3 minutes to see if it boots.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Guepard2,

Power drain your unit and try to get the BIOS again.

# Power drain,

1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Guepard2
    Guepard2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried both methods and it is still stuck on the acer logo. Is there anything else I can do to get into the bios?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Guepard2,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result.