Cpu temp spike and pc freeze Orion 3000 p03-620

samnons
samnons Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hey guys

I've recently bought a Orion 3000 p03-620 with the i7 10700 and 3070 gpu. Only had it for a few weeks pretty sure I've updated everything etc, the cpu will have random temp spikes jumping about 20 degrees and the entire pc will freeze for a second or 2 anyone else had something like this? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Comments

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    samnons

Please perform the following steps and check the CPU usage :
    >>>Power Reset
    Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect and monitorthe CPU usage. If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. ​

>>>End Task of running programs and Disable Startup program in task manager. This fix can help you quickly end high CPU usage issue when your device becomes extremely slow or even get stuck with running programs:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager; 
    Select Task Manager > Check and select programs that are taking high memory and CPU usage > Click End Task to close selected programs or apps. 
    Click on Startup on Task Manager > Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select Disable to stop them running from Startup.

>>>Run DISM command to decrease high CPU usage

Right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin), sign in with your administrator account;

Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter;

Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess and hit Enter;

Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

>>>Disable Superfetch and Windows services to fix Windows high CPU usage 

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager;

Go to Services tab and click Open services;

Navigate and locate Superfetch, right click on it and select Properties;

Click Stop to end the Superfetch service and click OK to confirm the change.

>>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-amp-other-info#latest​ 

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming/p1

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,893 Trailblazer
    samnons said:
    Hey guys

I've recently bought a Orion 3000 p03-620 with the i7 10700 and 3070 gpu. Only had it for a few weeks pretty sure I've updated everything etc, the cpu will have random temp spikes jumping about 20 degrees and the entire pc will freeze for a second or 2 anyone else had something like this? 
    Your Orion 3000 P03-620 is under warranty, don't touch it, contact Acer and ask them for solutions and make sure that you get a case number from them. Don't open and/or touch any components as it could void your warranty. Also, its best to send your Orion 3000 P03-620 to Acer to fix all your problems under warranty. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi samnons,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • samnons
    edited May 2021
    I removed predator arc last night and didn't have an issue, maybe it was conflicting with something? Will update after more testing
  • samnons
    looks like having predator sense running is the cause of the issue, which is pretty crazy, but it is what it is