Computer restart problems( Aspire xc-605)

When I restart(doesn't happen to any other functions, like shut down or startup), it shuts down normally but when the computer posts, the monitor says no signal and turns off but the system is still running. This also happens if I go into bios when I start the computer, after I hit save and exit, the monitor says no signal and turns off, system stays on. 

FAQ & Answers

• christy1christy1 Ally Posts: 1,620
    Warthunderfan637

Remove all the cables from the desktop and monitor. press and hold the power button on the monitor for 30secs with out any cables on it. same way for the desktop also 30sec. with out any cables on it. this will remove the static power on the unit. connect back the cables and turn on the monitor 1st and then the desktop. check and let us know.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Warthunderfan637Warthunderfan637 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

No... it didn't work. It just everything on my desktop huge and when I restarted, the same problem occurs 
  • christy1christy1 Ally Posts: 1,620
    No... it didn't work. It just everything on my desktop huge and when I restarted, the same problem occurs 
    Try the desktop with different monitor or monitor with laptop. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,379
    Hi Warthunderfan637,

Check whether the cables are loosely connected to the unit. 
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 17,453 Trailblazer
    Not terribly unusual for some monitors. The POST display is at too low of a resolution for the monitor to accept it, so the monitor decides it's not going to get a signal and gives up. You should be able to just hi the power button on the monitor and it'll catch up since as soon as POST is done the system switches to the Windows resolution instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.