My Notebook Aspire A315-42 not going to full capacity?

Cucho
Cucho Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Well, my laptop wont go over 1.6 GHz usage at anytime, even if i prioritize performance over battery.

Model: Aspire A315-42
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200 U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz
Istalled memory (RAM) 16.00 GB (13.9 GB utilizable)
System x64
It has dual memory, 256 SSD and 1TB HDD

I've updated drivers but still, doesn't want to use more CPU.

Any tips?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    What problems are you having with games, programs or apps (not benchmarking freeware or task manager monitoring) that are designed to automatically use full speed only when needed (full speed is usually set by the BIOS to about 80% maximum advertised frequency or about 2GHz to conserve power in ACER laptops and is not meant to be full time). Examples of problems would be throttling or stuttering behavior in videos. Please give an example of a program or app that you're having issues with. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cucho
    JackE said:
    What problems are you having with games, programs or apps (not benchmarking freeware or task manager monitoring) that are designed to automatically use full speed only when needed (full speed is usually set by the BIOS to about 80% maximum advertised frequency or about 2GHz to conserve power in ACER laptops and is not meant to be full time). Examples of problems would be throttling or stuttering behavior in videos. Please give an example of a program or app that you're having issues with. Jack E/NJ
    Well, I'm trying to stream some games, if I do stream for example something really "trashy" like a gameboy advance emulator, it works just fine, but once i try to Stream something heavier (not very, just age of empires 2 DE with low graphics), apparenttly, just using discord + stream software + game it's too much for the 1.6 ghz, but the laptop won't use more.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>but once i try to Stream something heavier (not very, just age of empires >>>

That's because the CPU speed is not the main issue here. The main issue is that your system does not support the minimum GPU graphics requirements for the game. Sorry your machine is not considered to have the graphics capability of a gaming laptop that can run this kind of game.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cucho
    JackE said:
    >>>but once i try to Stream something heavier (not very, just age of empires >>>

That's because the CPU speed is not the main issue here. The main issue is that your system does not support the minimum GPU graphics requirements for the game. Sorry your machine is not considered to have the graphics capability of a gaming laptop that can run this kind of game.  Jack E/NJ

I do actually PLAY that game quite a lot and the pc runs with medium graphics, and i know that is not the best indicator, but being able to meet the recomended requirements on "can you run it" should mean something (I guess haha).
    But still, even with Pokemon TCGO mixed with discord and OBS is just instantly malfunctions.