What's the best thermal paste and pads should I buy for my Predator Helios 300 PH315-51

Options
Zerothicc
Zerothicc Member Posts: 1 New User
Is it okay to buy this? Thank you for helping me out

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Zerothicc said:
    Is it okay to buy this? Thank you for helping me out
    Acer does not recommend any pastes and/or pads for their cpu/gpu's. I've mostly used the high quality Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and now they have a new Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme which is based on their old Kryonaut paste that has been very good and I've had no problems with and this is what Thermal Grizzly is saying about this new paste; with the Kryonaut Extreme the maximum thermal conductivity was accomplished due to the smallest particle size, thinner minimum layer height and improved low temperature application. i would apply this paste to both cpu and gpu with the "pea dot" method as that will give you best results and also clean all components with a alcohol swab and clean the fans of all felt and debris and then put all components together. Also and if you are having any heating issues? To reduce and get rid of heat from the case, I would get a laptop tablet cooler as that will increase airflow into the PH315-51 case and assist in keeping it cooler. 

PH315-51 CPU & GPU fans 

PH315-51 motherboard with fans removed