My computer keeps getting this screen.

Teodor
Teodor Member Posts: 77 Die Hard WiFi Icon
My computer keeps getting this screen.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Windows 8  has effectively been replaced by Win8.1. You should click the option to update to Win8.1 so you're assured of continued Microsoft Win8.1 support till 2023 after which you can decided if you want to go to Win10 which may or may not work as expected on your machine at the moment. Jack E/NJ    

Why were Windows 8 customers required to move to Windows 8.1 two years after the general availability?

Historically, Microsoft has taken a similar support approach related to service packs. When a Windows service pack is released, Microsoft provides customers 24 months of support for the prior service pack or original release. Unlike service packs that are typically a collection of fixes, Windows 8.1 has new features and enhancements, and was designed to give customers the ability to deploy this update similar to service packs. Therefore we are applying the service pack policy to Windows 8.1.

Windows 8.1 does not change any hardware requirements compared with Windows 8 and existing Windows Store apps will work with Windows 8.1. Business customers who had Software Assurance licensing received Windows 8.1 as a free update.

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    edited May 2021
    JackE said. 
    Windows 8  has effectively been replaced by Win8.1. You should click the option to update to Win8.1 so you're assured of continued Microsoft Win8.1 support till 2023 after which you can decided if you want to go to Win10 which may or may not work as expected on your machine at the moment. Jack E/NJ    

Why were Windows 8 customers required to move to Windows 8.1 two years after the general availability?

Historically, Microsoft has taken a similar support approach related to service packs. When a Windows service pack is released, Microsoft provides customers 24 months of support for the prior service pack or original release. Unlike service packs that are typically a collection of fixes, Windows 8.1 has new features and enhancements, and was designed to give customers the ability to deploy this update similar to service packs. Therefore we are applying the service pack policy to Windows 8.1.

Windows 8.1 does not change any hardware requirements compared with Windows 8 and existing Windows Store apps will work with Windows 8.1. Business customers who had Software Assurance licensing received Windows 8.1 as a free update.

It says the store for windows 8 is officially closed
    While trying to upgrade to 8.1 using the iso it ask for a product key, I use key finder, another issue, it gives me the option to keep my files only, while upgrading to 10 doesn't ask for a product key and it gives me an option to keep my files and apps even from windows 7 to 10 upgrade
  • JackE
    >>>While trying to upgrade to 8.1 using the iso it ask for a product key,>>>

Why didn't you simply click the "Update to Windows 8.1" button on the Sorry-to-Interrupt message???

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    >>>While trying to upgrade to 8.1 using the iso it ask for a product key,>>>

Why didn't you simply click the "Update to Windows 8.1" button on the Sorry-to-Interrupt message???
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-to-windows-8-1-from-windows-8-17fc54a7-a465-6b5a-c1a0-34140afd0669
    Beginning in July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed. However, since Windows 8 has been out of support since January 2016, we encourage you to update to Windows 8.1 for free.
    See that? I can't update to 8.1 using the store.
    If I press Go to the Windows 8.1 download page and select your Windows edition. It takes me to this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO
  • JackE
    OK. Can you find Microsoft Windows and ACER labels on the bottom of your laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    JackE said:
    OK. Can you find Microsoft Windows and ACER labels on the bottom of your laptop? Jack E/NJ
    The only label I find on the bottom is the personal information for the laptop (the model, snid, serial number)
  • Teodor
    edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    Well I upgraded to 10 and it works perfectly for me
    No lags, better performance and much more. Only no drivers for Windows 10, but I don't care, because I'm using the most updated ones from the hardware manufacturer, not from acer.
  • JackE
    Good for you. As long as it works for you OK. Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ