Anyone else have trouble with tech support? - Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-77P9

AlaskanIV
AlaskanIV Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Currently the 24/7 tech support line has been outsourced to a call center in India. Many speak very poor English and will claim to be in the US. 

Here is my latest experience:
I own a $2599.99 USD Predator Triton 500 (model PT515-52-77P9) and could not understand why I couldn't find the options to set up G-SYNC on my laptop panel. So, I decided to try my luck (again - as I have had other negative experiences) with tech support. 

I spoke to someone named "Albert" who after taking my info, proceeded to explain to me that my panel was not capable of using G-SYNC and that the max refresh rate was only 60Hz. I pleaded with him to look at my specific model, but he continued to argue with me for about 45 minutes. Nothing was accomplished. No help was received. 

I spent the next 2 hours researching and then an hour messing with drivers and options until I eventually figured it out on my own. Today I tried to contact a supervisor on 3 different occasions and at no point was one available. I will be contacting corporate tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading,
Dissatisfied Customer

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Comments

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    AlaskanIV said:
    Currently the 24/7 tech support line has been outsourced to a call center in India. Many speak very poor English and will claim to be in the US. 

Here is my latest experience:
    I own a $2599.99 USD Predator Triton 500 (model PT515-52-77P9) and could not understand why I couldn't find the options to set up G-SYNC on my laptop panel. So, I decided to try my luck (again - as I have had other negative experiences) with tech support. 

I spoke to someone named "Albert" who after taking my info, proceeded to explain to me that my panel was not capable of using G-SYNC and that the max refresh rate was only 60Hz. I pleaded with him to look at my specific model, but he continued to argue with me for about 45 minutes. Nothing was accomplished. No help was received. 

I spent the next 2 hours researching and then an hour messing with drivers and options until I eventually figured it out on my own. Today I tried to contact a supervisor on 3 different occasions and at no point was one available. I will be contacting corporate tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading,
    Dissatisfied Customer

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​
    I am very sorry to hear this, I understand it can be very frustrating and I do apologize for the inconveniences that this might have caused you. Can you please confirm that you're no longer experiencing any of the issues reported, also please keep in mind that unfortunately the Acer community is not designed for any escalations or providing Customer service or technical support as we are moderators of the community and do not have the access level to the systems needed for this type of follow-ups. The Acer Community is a peer-to-peer support forum for users like you, they help each other with troubleshooting tips and trying to find solutions to the issues reported with their units (in most cases are software issues).'

If you please provide me with the serial number of your unit or Case ID number (via private message please), i can send the information to one of our customer advocates for follow-up. 

NoteOnce i receive the information, i will send it to the appropriate department for follow-up, keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that anything will change on any status or claims you have made, we will be just responsible to send the information for follow up and the advocate will be in charge of making any decision or offering any options for support or assistance. This thread will be now closed.

India Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums and patience.

Regards,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.