Replacement Hard Drive Aspire ES1-711

michaelsmith792
michaelsmith792 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer Aspire  ES1-711 series Model no ZYL and all of these numbers have me confused as to where or how I can buy a replacement hard drive. I could not find anything at Acer to purchase a new hard drive

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    You can get a 2.5" hard drive.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @michaelsmith792

Yes, replace the spinning HDD with a 2.5" SATA3 solid state drive, much faster.
    550 MB/s speed vs. 100 MB/s. Just get one with the capacity that you want within your budget. It is kind of standardized, hard to get a wrong one.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi michaelsmith792,

If you are ready to pay for it I suggest you to contact acer support. They can place order for the HDD.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @michaelsmith792

I have the impression that you are not a technical people.

Go to Youtube to find videos of how other people takedown or replacing HDD/SSD for your type of laptop (maybe similar models).
    Trust me, replacing HDD with a new 2.5" SATA3 SSD is in generally easy, the moment you take out the old HDD, you can insert the SSD at the same time.

It will be a good idea you buy an USB external HDD to store the system image of your old HDD (with Windows and data on it).
    Use this system image to restore everything to the new SSD, and you are good to go.