Bluetooth Problem - Predator PH317-51 BIOS V1.21

Jackip
Jackip Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi all,

I ran into the Bluetooth problem, at first the icon toggle on/off has gone then I have tried a lot of methods and It didn't work out and accident uninstall the whole Bluetooth category items and now my  Bluetooth cannot detected on my laptop by troubleshoot.

my model: Predator PH317-51 BIOS V1.21

Method have tried:
- Set automatic run for all Bluetooth service in Service (also set value to automatic = 2 in registry due to some error cannot changed in service)
- Overwrite the Bluetooth driver on Microsoft page.
- Downloaded from the acer product ( 2 installers Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.309_W10x64_A and Bluetooth_Intel_19.50.0.5_W10x64_A)

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Jackip said:
    Hi all,

I ran into the Bluetooth problem, at first the icon toggle on/off has gone then I have tried a lot of methods and It didn't work out and accident uninstall the whole Bluetooth category items and now my  Bluetooth cannot detected on my laptop by troubleshoot.

my model: Predator PH317-51 BIOS V1.21

Method have tried:
    - Set automatic run for all Bluetooth service in Service (also set value to automatic = 2 in registry due to some error cannot changed in service)
    - Overwrite the Bluetooth driver on Microsoft page.
    - Downloaded from the acer product ( 2 installers Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.309_W10x64_A and Bluetooth_Intel_19.50.0.5_W10x64_A)

Uninstall all WiFi and BT drivers through Device Manager that are still there and reinstall the latest Acer drivers for your Ph317-51 for both WiFi and BT, this should make your BT work. If you want the latest Win-10 drivers for allot of the Qualcomm Atheros cards models then, go to this link of the unofficial Qualcomm Atheros site and get the latest Win-10 WiFi and BT drivers for your Qualcomm Atheros NFA344A Wifi/BT Combo card that is installed in your PH317-51 and install those. This should make your WiFi/BT work.
  • Complaintdesk
    Complaintdesk Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have a very similar problem.  This is the 3rd time now my BT has stopped working.  Even after installing the latest drivers, Bluetooth is not showing up in my device manager even when I show hidden devices.  My ACER Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-787B, came with a Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A Bluetooth device, but the unofficial Qualcomm Atheros site, does not appear to have the latest drivers for this. I still had the updated drivers in my download file, but am at my wits end how to restore my Bluetooth seeing as even after uninstalling and reinstalling leaves me with no drivers visible.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Complaintdesk,

What device are you tring to connect. 
  • Complaintdesk

Tinkerer

Bluetooth on my ACER Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-787B.
  • Complaintdesk

Tinkerer

This is the list of driver updates for Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth devices, on the unofficial Qualcomm Atheros site.
    ACER Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-787B laptops are fitted with QCNFA344A Bluetooth wireless drivers. I uninstalled my Bluetooth driver then went to http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6l8yeelyi6mswl/Qualcomm_Atheros_NFA344_Bluetooth_4.1_for_Windows_10_64-bit.zip/file and downloaded this driver, turned off my laptop for 30 minutes. When I turned it back on my Bluetooth was fully restored.  Now it shows up in my device manager, as well as my Action Centre.  Thanks again for your help StevenGen.