Predator P09-600 i7 - eight generation - does not boot

kateeba
kateeba Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
I installed a water cooling in the computer. It may be that I switched the ROM backup switch. Now the PC no longer boots. Where can the error usually lie? The motherboard writes the code FF.

Best Answer

• kateeba
    Answer ✓
    I have good news. The PC works again. I have mounted a double-sided adhesive tape between the processor on the back and the computer starts again.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi kateeba,

Is there any light indication on the unit. 
  • kateeba
    Easwar said:
    Hi kateeba,

Is there any light indication on the unit. 
    Everything lights up normally except the front panel which lights up blue
  • kateeba
    And on the motherboard the light at the Rom backup switch lights up.

Thanks.

Lg Elena 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    0xFF isn't good, that's a "reserved for future use" code rather than anything useful. Most of the 0xF range are recovery issues, so might be related to the ROM backup. Try changing that to see what happens.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kateeba
    I did it. The light now shines continuously again. However, the PC still does not start up.
  • kateeba
    I did the ROM backup again. the Error code 55 now appears.Should I give up the mainboard or is it not entirely to be thrown away?
  • kateeba
    Answer ✓
    I have good news. The PC works again. I have mounted a double-sided adhesive tape between the processor on the back and the computer starts again.
This discussion has been closed.