Can the graphics card be upgraded on an Aspire AZ1-621 All-in-One?

Options
apkussma
apkussma Member Posts: 1 New User
My son begged me for Minecraft, and knowing the computer wasn't up to any heavy lifting graphics-wise, but also knowing Minecraft doesn't feature ultra-realistic graphics, I thought it would be OK.  It turns out the latest versions of Minecraft don't support older graphics cards, so he can't run an up-to-date version and play with his friends.  I'm not willing to shell out for a new computer, but maybe a new graphics card if it could be installed?  It's hard to visit PC shops while in lockdown, so I'm hoping the community can help.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Aspire Z1-621 has a custom motherboard that doesn't have expansion slots for a video card. The only video option is what's on board. :( The system is old enough that I don't believe any of the ports are fast enough to drive an eGPU either, so you are pretty much out of luck...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Aspire Z1-621 has a custom motherboard that doesn't have expansion slots for a video card. The only video option is what's on board. :( The system is old enough that I don't believe any of the ports are fast enough to drive an eGPU either, so you are pretty much out of luck...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.