Aspire E5 E5 576G. Quanta driver through windows update

butthurt_86
butthurt_86 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
why Acer not updating intel vga driver (24.20.100.6286)  E5 575/575G driver/software on download site. windows update keep updating to 24.20.100.6286. i refuse to install graphics drivers from windows update. so i use intel vga driver from model E5 576G. curious about windows update.. so i go to microsoft update catalog site. paste my pci\ven on search. & found manufacturer from QUANTA.. i know what quanta is & my notebook actually from quanta. is acer lazy updating drivers for old notebook model. just 4 years. not that old.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Intel drivers until very recently (and still are) very finiky and need tweaking for every laptop, cause of this some vendors stop doing it quicker than others. You could try the DCH drviers at version 28 but i would exepct thigns to break!

The XE drivers were meant to fix it, but even then the DCH drivers are causing bluescreens all over the place 🤷‍♀️

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>windows update keep updating to 24.20.100.6286. >>>

Yes, this is Microsoft's new way of doing things in Win10. Sometimes it improves performance. Sometimes degrades performance. If the older ACER driver has no issues, then continue to use it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Intel drivers until very recently (and still are) very finiky and need tweaking for every laptop, cause of this some vendors stop doing it quicker than others. You could try the DCH drviers at version 28 but i would exepct thigns to break!

The XE drivers were meant to fix it, but even then the DCH drivers are causing bluescreens all over the place 🤷‍♀️
  • butthurt_86
    edited May 2021
    @JackE yeah but i rather use aspire E5 576G driver than microsoft provide due optimus.

• butthurt_86
    @Leostat i did try DCH but driver use 24..24.100.6286. & control panel from DCH. (microsoft store).. require more battery than i though. since i set all windows os running with integrated(intel HD)

• Leostat
    Any reason why 24 over 28?
  • butthurt_86
    @Leostat during reset. didnt know microsoft instal dch driver. so both old & new driver works.. weird but ok..