What new monitor (under the $200.00 mark) would be best for my Acer Aspire Desktop TC-895-EB11?

Options
Thrip
Thrip Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
As VGA connected monitors aren't used much any more because they don't really support the higher resolutions & speeds that modern computers use, my old Dell monitor -with it's VGA connector isn't really ideal for my new Aspire Desktop. (maybe I'll someday use it for a 2nd monitor with a HDMI to VGA adapter should the need arise) 

What would you recommend in the way of a reasonably priced new monitor for my new Acer Aspire Desktop TC-895-EB11?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It depends somewhat on your use, though I'll hazard a guess that if you were trying to use an old Dell VGA monitor you are probably not a heavy gamer. :) In that price range I'd make sure it has both an HDMI port and a DP port. It should support Full HD (1920x1080 or 1920x1200) and will likely be in the 24" size, though you might be able to get a 27" without breaking the budget. Acer is going to have a whole bunch of monitors that fit those numbers. Do you use external speakers on your system? If so you save $10-20 buy getting a model without speakers. Is your desk at a standard height? Maybe vertical adjustment will be a bullet you want to add. Do you have plenty of desk space? Maybe you'd be better served with two monitors instead of one, with them sitting side by side... There are a few in the range that are just under $100, so two fits your budget. I use three monitors on my desk, but have to mount the third above the other two due to space restraints. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.