Will this RAM be compatible on my Predator Helios 300 PH315-534-527E?

sleepykyl
sleepykyl Member Posts: 2 New User
I looked for the same brand of RAM installed on my Laptop called SK-Hynix. The RAM installed is the HMA81GS6DJR8N-XN (2933MHZ) 8GB DDR4.
The only RAM I am seeing with the same brand is the SK-Hynix HMA81GS6DJR8N-WM (2933MHZ) 8GB DDR4.

They are both SODIMM and are they the same? I don't know their difference aside from the fact that their last two letters or suffixes.

I attached the Photo of the RAM that I am planning to buy or is there another way to upgrade my RAM into 16GB.

I am open to suggestions. Thank you!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    So the XN runs at up to 3200 where as that one runs at up to 2933. If you open CPUz does it show it running at the 2933 speed?

It should work, the thing you have to look out for is XMP memory modules as they wont run at the speed that they claim to be
  • sleepykyl
    sleepykyl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Leostat said:
    So the XN runs at up to 3200 where as that one runs at up to 2933. If you open CPUz does it show it running at the 2933 speed?

It should work, the thing you have to look out for is XMP memory modules as they wont run at the speed that they claim to be

Hello! Where am I suppose to see that its running on 2933 speed..

So as long as I can see a RAM that has the specifications of 8GB, SODIMM, DDR4, and not an XMP module. It would be an possible upgrade for my RAM right?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It will show you in CPUz in the mem tab :) and yarp