Battery connector is broke off port, can i put it back on? - helios 300 g571

eminem2ka9
eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
It's an acer helios 300 g571.I have the battery and connected to it is the wire and the metal housing that covers the 8 pins at the bottom.
It came clean off because the battery fell out of the laptop as I was cleaning it. I forgot to screw the battery in and it took the whole lot out.

What would it take to solder it back in because I have a soldering tool here, but idk if it's a job for me.
I'm also wary about giving it away cus 1) i'd be bored without this laptop cus they'd have it for ages and 2) i think the repairman would do a bad job or break something, yea i know nothing about fixing computers but i don't trust random strangers. I'd rather be the one to break it, lol..

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Can we grab an image of the board? That would be the deciding bit! 

As long as there isnt a short or damage to the traces it would be possible, just really hard, you would have to be very handy with the iron
  • eminem2ka9
    Leostat said:
    Can we grab an image of the board? That would be the deciding bit! 

As long as there isnt a short or damage to the traces it would be possible, just really hard, you would have to be very handy with the iron
    i hope there wasn't a short or anything but, it looks like a clean cut?
  • Leostat
    So it looks like the smaller pins are mostly OK, the left two look odd, as if come up a bit? The worrying ones are the ones at the top, the big square ish ones, it looks like the pads have been torn off, so the one on the right you can see the pain lifted up a bit and a bit of shiny just above. 

If they are pads and are needed thats not a good sign. To repair it you would need tojimmy something into the wire which is very hard :(

• eminem2ka9
    Leostat said:
    So it looks like the smaller pins are mostly OK, the left two look odd, as if come up a bit? The worrying ones are the ones at the top, the big square ish ones, it looks like the pads have been torn off, so the one on the right you can see the pain lifted up a bit and a bit of shiny just above. 

If they are pads and are needed thats not a good sign. To repair it you would need tojimmy something into the wire which is very hard :(

I was thinking that they were the structure/pads i think as you say that were soldered to hold the pins down? I didn't know they were important! I'll be honest, i don't mind all that much using a charger, but the convenience of a battery is now out the window. Yep i couldn't repair it myself, that's a fact cus i'd just make it worse!
  • Leostat
    im  not sure if they are important or not, but as they have traces coming from them I assume they do someting but that style of damage is extremly hard to repair as you need to expose and re-route the trace on the board :(