Acer Predator Helios 300(2020) Still running after I close it!

Options
yeetedon2000
yeetedon2000 Member Posts: 4 New User
I was at school today and when I left class and ate lunch I opened up my bag to put the lunch box back in and noticed an extreme amount of heat coming from the inside of my bag. I quickly realized that my laptop had remained on and was suffocating and overheating inside of my bag! The entire laptop was hot to the touch and the inside of the bag was very hot. The fans were running and the keyboard deck was burning hot. I am worried my laptop had suffered heat damage. This has happened before but not as extreme as this. I am very worried that my laptop might destroy itself if left inside a bag that long. You would think that the laptop would perform an emergency shutdown when it gets THAT hot but I guess not. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Do you have any solutions? Thanks! Also how likely is my laptop to have suffered from heat damage? It was in the bag for about 30 minutes before I opened it.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi yeetedon2000,

Usually gaming units emits more heat If this happend first time it will not affect the unit but if this happens frequently it may case damages to the unit. So make sure that unit is powered OFF completely after the usage.  
  • yeetedon2000
    yeetedon2000 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I should probably mention that this does not happen all of the time.