How to reinstall the original acer version windows 10 home premium - predator helios 300

Abrar_Rahman
Abrar_Rahman Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
I reset my pc a few months ago, I downloaded windows from official microsoft site and installed it.The original widows that my laptop shipped with had significant better thermal like if I turned off turbo boost , the temp would be around 72 degree . after I reset my pc from microsoft , the temp I am getting is  around 84 degree. The fuction key function had a screen overlay but now it doesn't. Is there any way to revert back to original acer configured windows ?

I am using Acer predator helios 300 2019 version. Thanks in Advance.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Abrar_Rahman,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Abrar_Rahman

Tinkerer

alt+f10 method is not working, I may have formatted the recovery drive when installling the new windows from microsoft.Is there any other way to get preinstalled version windows with all the acer driver ? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Abrar_Rahman,

Yes you can reset through the setting window,
    1. Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. 
    2. Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC. ...
    3. How to Factory Reset Windows 10
    4. Save or Remove Files. At this point, you have two options. ...
    5. Reset your Windows 10 system with the Remove Everything option -  TechRepublic
    6. Go with the option remove every thing. 
    7. Then follow on screen instruction. 
  • Abrar_Rahman

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi Abrar_Rahman,

Yes you can reset through the setting window,
    1. Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. 
    2. Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC. ...
    3. How to Factory Reset Windows 10
    4. Save or Remove Files. At this point, you have two options. ...
    5. Reset your Windows 10 system with the Remove Everything option -  TechRepublic
    6. Go with the option remove every thing. 
    7. Then follow on screen instruction. 
    Thanks for replying...If I do this, I wont get the acer version of the windows as I reset my pc .it would reset my pc to microsft version without all the driver and I don't think I would get better thermal after doint that.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It depends if you blatted the recovery parition when you installed the new windows , normally when you do unless you re formatted the entire drive it will have kept it for future use. If so the option will restore it to what it was :)

If you have wiped it, you could try re-installing all the drivers from the site to see if its something like a missing chipset driver / pred sense which is causing the higher thermals

Outside of that i think acer only sell their recovery images, they arnt available to download :(